Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Fantastic Update!!

For those of you that follow my little blog here, you may have read a couple of my previous posts (#1 and #2) about my sister. If you haven't, you might want to take a second and read them. Either way, feel free to join in my joy and read on:

From my sister:

Today is the day!!! Just call me "Remission Girl"!!!!

I had a CAT scan last Monday and today Neal & I went to see Dr. Pant. She said there was no sign of cancer--just scar tissue from the fluid. I have finished my Keemo and I'm now in remission. It's official and everything! I will go see her every 2 months and have a CAT scan every 4 months for the next 2 years. That's it. She said I should get back to my regular life...oh and lose the 15 pounds I gained from the steroids and ice cream! I was never sick and the only other side effect was the pain in my hands and feet that she said will go away with time.

I feel great. My hair is growing back. I think it will be mostly salt with a little pepper or maybe cinnamon. :) I was hoping for red curls! Either will be fine by me--although I believe I will keep the do-rags... May come in handy on the occasional bad hair day!

SO---all is well. Thank you all for your love and support. Prayers have been answered. I am blessed and I thank God every morning. I have learned alot about myself. This has truly been a life journey....and it's not over yet!
And thanks from me to all of you for your prayers, thoughts and concerns.

2 comments:

Misfit in Paradise said...

Wonderful news! Such a good thing to hear!

Aaron said...

Thanks Misfit! We are very excited about the news!