Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Napping In

Most everyone is familiar with "sleeping in". We've all done it. Whether it's because we had a late night or just because we can. Either way, sometimes staying in bed for a few more minutes (hours) can be nice.

Also, on a lazy Sunday afternoon, it's nice to curl up under a blanket in front of an old movie and just doze on and off. I think napping must be good for the soul.

Well, I'd like to suggest a merging of these two wonderful things.

I personally enjoy "napping in". I tend to wake up early, even when I don't necessarily have to. So what I do is get up...move to my recliner...and nap. That's it. Sometimes I'll grab a glass of tea, a slice of cold pizza, or a piece of string cheese on the way to my recliner.

It's a perfect opportunity to put on a movie that you feel like you should watch, but don't really care if you ever do. Pretty much anything on TV will work. Infomercials are also great for this.

Let's all try it this Saturday, okay? Let me know how it goes for you.

2 comments:

Wayward Son said...

One of my favorite leisure things to do is put on some movie or show I've seen; lay on the couch; and go to sleep. :) The fam laughs at me for this. Especially when I start snoring.

Glad to hear someone else appreciates the value of this pastime.

Can't join you Saturday, though. Gotta woik. :(

Aaron said...

I've seen the beginning and the end of so many movies it is not even funny! (Well, actually it is.)