Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Another Update

A while back, I posted a blog about my sister, who was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. She has already given one good report. Below is her most recent email.

I had a CAT scan yesterday. Neal & I went to see Dr. Pant this afternoon. The Keemo is working great---the tumor is gone...that's right GONE. There is no more fluid in my chest. Some scar tissue but that is to be expected. After I sat for a bit quietly I asked "What does this mean?" Dr. Pant says we are exactly where we need to be..couldn't ask for anything better. I will continue with my next two Keeemo sessions...one coming up next Monday and the LAST the first Monday of January. After that I will have a CAT scan every 2-3 months to monitor my progress or "lack thereof" as I prefer to think of it! When or if it comes back we will deal with it then. I believe my continued overall wellness will soar once the drugs & poison are out of my system.

I finally took the plunge Sunday before last and shaved my head. I do have a good lookin' noggin (just as I suspected) and Dr. Pant suggested today that Neal & I should have our picture made to send out for Christmas Cards! She's pretty cool--I like her alot! Susan (my work friend/spouse) had a batch of Brazos Fasteners do-rags made. My crew can be quite a site with their various head gear on these days!

I want to thank all of your for your continued prayers & support. I told my Yoga buddy tonight I feel like I'm in a snow globe of love. I'm sometimes overwhelmed. I am blessed each and everyday...and this one has been no exception. We wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with love, health and happiness. We hope to see you soon....

How's that for great news? Keep up the praying.


2 comments:

Darlene said...

That is great to hear. What great news. I will continue to keep your family in my prayers. Love you guys.

Aaron said...

Thanks Darlene! We're pretty excited ourselves!