Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Some Things I've Learned

I'm approaching my 40th, and there are a few things I've learned over the years:


1) When something says "one size fits all", it is sometimes false.

2) If your dad is carrying some 20' long pieces of steel rebar and tells you to back up, you really should.

3) If you turn off a 5 hp water pump by flipping a kill switch with your bare hand, while standing ankle deep in water, it will hurt...bad.

4) If you ever have to change your clothes in a car, don't try to jump out and pull your pants up at the same time...it usually won't go well.

5) In elementary school, don't ever make fun of another kid's name if your name starts with "but".

6) Don't try to throw a watch across a pond.

2 comments:

Wayward Son said...

These are extremely wise and profound bits of knowledge, and things I never would have thought of on my own. I am older than you, and somehow these nuggets escaped me. You must be very smart. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

Oh, and Happy b-day soon...

Aaron said...

Jeff -

A man can learn a lot about himself when he knows how far he can throw a watch.