Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Double Landmark!

(For those of you reading in Facebook, you can click here to read this in my actual blog.)

Today is a landmark day for me for two reasons:

  1. This is my 100th blog post
  2. Today is my 40th birthday
I could post some serious something about "now that I'm 40", but I already did that, and it wasn't serious at all. So I've decided to do something totally self-indulgent.

For those of you that are regular readers of my blog, as my birthday present, I have a little favor(s) to ask.

First, I would ask you to send an email to 10 people (at least) encouraging them to read my blog. (I hope that if you are reading my blog regularly, that you think it is, at least at times, worth reading. If so, then maybe, just maybe, this isn't too much to ask. Again, I realize that this is an absolutely shameless self-promotion wrapped around a hard little kernel of self-indulgence.)

Secondly, encourage them that if they find it mildly amusing, borderline insightful, somewhat infuriating, or at least not annoying, to subscribe! It's easy to do. Right at the top of the blog, just below the title section.

Look, I'll make this easy for you. Here's a sample email that you could cut-and-paste:
Hey (your friend's name goes here),

I just wanted to tell you about this fantastically incredible blog that I read without fail. It's called Aaroneous Findings, and it is awesome. At various times it (in alphabetical order) advises and alerts, bewilders and broadens, challenges and counsels, edifies and educates, encourages and informs, optimizes and super-sizes, uplifts and urges me to action whenever I read it. I find myself waiting in anticipation for each new post. You really should visit this blog immediately and subscribe.

Click HERE to visit the blog. Or, if you just want to go straight to subscribing, you can click HERE.

Thanks, and you won't regret it! It could possibly change your life!!!!

(Your name goes here)
Now, isn't that easy. Of, course, feel free to draft your own email.

------

All kidding aside, (well, not really...kidding is seldom ever aside with me) I've really enjoyed writing this blog. I hope that you have enjoyed a post or two of the 100 that I've done. While I don't boast huge numbers of readers, my subscribership (that's a word, right?) has gradually grown over the months. It's really cool when someone leaves a comment or even mentions something to me in person that they read.

In reality, this particular post is something of a social experiment. How many people can you, "my readers", get to visit my blog, and better yet, subscribe? And, if my subscriber count spikes, how long will I retain the higher numbers? (Oh yeah...and it's shameless self-promotion.)

3 comments:

Misfit in Paradise said...

Happy 40! I really enjoyed my 40's!
I don't have 10 people to email but I did send it out to 3. Hey, it's a start!
Don't celebrate too hard tonight!

Aaron said...

Misfit -

3? That's awesome. I sincerely appreciate it. Today we're taking my son to Chuck E. Cheese, and having a few friends over tonight. Nothing too wild!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday aaron, sorry i dint call you but I cant find your number. Arroneous thoughts is not a good way to search for this blog either by the way, it seems many obama supporters cant spell. Anyway wishing you and your family the best hope you enjoy this and many more! STEVE E