Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Story (Confession)

Just so you know, my mom subscribes to this blog (Hi, Mom!), which is why the title of this post has the word confession in it. My mom thinks I am wonderful son, and I do try to be. Of course, no one is perfect, so now that I am fast approaching 40, there's something I have to come clean about.

The summer after my freshman year in college, my parents went out of town...twice...and I had a party...both times. Mom knew that I had some friends over. Several friends, actually. But what she didn't know is that we moved all the furniture out of the living room, set up my band's sound equipment and had a "party". When she got back after the second one, Mom found a beer cap and asked me if anyone had brought beer over. I think I mumbled something about Earl Hassell (he seemed like a good person to blame it on at the time) bringing some over, and changed the subject.

Sorry, Mom. I always meant to tell you, but how do you bring something like that up? "Hey Mom! Remember when you went out of town 20 years ago? I had a party."

I have an idea! How about I write a blog about it and post it on the internet for everyone to read?

Okay, now that my confessions and apologies are out of the way. I can tell the story that I wanted to tell.

-----

After the first party was over and we had put up the sound equipment, brought back in the living room furniture, and cleaned up the mess, I happened to look in the refrigerator in the game room. This fridge had my dad's beer in it. And by "had", I mean past tense. All of dad's beer was gone.

It is really hard to have a party without your parents finding out when people drink all of your dad's beer. Luckily, one of my friends, Keith, (yes, Mom, Keith McLeod) was able to go get some beer to replace it, and everything was okay.

When we decided to have the second party, I got smart. I stacked all my dad's beer up neatly in one corner of the fridge and put a note on it that said: DO NOT DRINK THIS BEER.

The next morning I went out to the fridge, opened the door, and couldn't help but laugh. There was one beer left. The one with the note on it. All the rest was gone.

5 comments:

Heidi W said...

Hahahahahahaha!!!! that is so funny! Hey, at least they were considerate enough not to drink that one beer with the note on it. :)

Way too funny...

I mean... how could you! Bad son! ;)

(there are still things I haven't told my mother... even 20 years later she would freak!)

Wayward Son said...

Two responses:

1. Tsk, tsk.

2. LOL

Anonymous said...

Well,Well! I knew you would fess up ONE day!! Kind of like the spanking you got in school and did't tell until two years later...
but that's another story...but I love you.There is no love ,like that of a Mom.

Unknown said...

Aaron,

You're a braver man than me. My momma would STILL whip my hide....

Great story though!

Aaron said...

Heidi -
Considerate enough to leave the one beer...very considerate. :P

Jeff -
1. Yep
2. That was the idea.

Mom -
Thank you for loving me in spite of... :P

Bob -
Yes. I am braver. Hairier, too.