Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Life on the Hut Line

As a delivery driver for the Hut, one of my duties is answering the phone. It never fails that at least one call every night goes thusly...

Me: Thanks for calling Pizza Hut/Wing Street. This is Aaron, will this be for delivery or carryout?

Caller: Yeah...uhhh...what specials do you have?

Me: We have our Pizza Mia deal. You can get 3 or more medium 1 topping hand-tossed pizzas for $5 each.

Caller: Any other specials?

Me: Well, you can get 2 medium, 1 topping pizzas and 10 wings for $21.99, or you can get 2 medium, 1 topping pizzas, breadsticks, and chocolate dunkers for $19.99.

Caller: Uhhh...

Me: How many people are you buying for?

Caller: Uhhh...just me.

Me: Okay. We also have our personal pan combo. It's a personal pan pizza, salad and a drink.

Caller: Umm...that's okay. I've got a coupon here for an $8.99 medium pizza...I'll just use it.

5 comments:

ZeroMan said...

Every day at teh comic shop I get the following call:

Them: "Can you tell me what came in this week?"

Me: "Well, we had a lot of comics this week. Are you looking for anything in particular?"

Them: "I just want to know what came in."

With a sigh (or maybe a grimmace if it is a particularily busy day) I read them the entire shipping list of books that arrived.

Them: "What about Thor?"

Me: "Thor came in last week."

Them: "So there wasn't one this week?"

Me: "No. It only comes out once a month."

Them: "So there wasn't one this week?"

Me: "No."

Them: "You sure."

Me: "Yep."

Them: "Well, I only read Thor"
and then the hang up.

So you see... some things are universal.

Wayward Son said...

So dude, do you, like, listen in on my Pizza Hut conversations?

Aaron said...

ZeroMan -

Sorry. I've made that call a couple of times myself.



Jeff -

I knew I recognized your voice. :)

Jen Peplowski said...

Did you get my call then too? I said "I saw on tv that I can get a pizza for a penny???"

Aaron said...

Jen -

It's true. You can get a pizza for a penny. For a limited time. :)