Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Monday, February 9, 2009

A 2nd Confession

Well, after my last blog, my Mom posted a comment and reminded me of a humorous story involving a previous confession of mine.

One night, about 1:00 AM, when I was 10, in the 4th grade I think, I went into my parents' bedroom and woke them.

"What's wrong?" my mother asked.

"I got a whipping at school!" I said, crying and sobbing.

You see, the standing rule in my traditional home was: you get a whipping at school, you get a whipping at home. So I was understandably a little worried.

"You did?" my dad asked, "Why?"

"I went to the restroom. While I was in there, some older boys were throwing wet toilet paper wads and yelling. Then they all left. When I came out of the bathroom, the teacher across the hall took me back to my room and told my teacher that I had been making a bunch of noise in the bathroom."

"What did you tell them?" my mom asked.

"I told them it wasn't me, but they wouldn't believe me. She gave me 3 swats."

By this time I was beside myself. I was undone. But now the tide had turned. My dad was actually on my side.

"What teacher was this, when did this happen?" he asked.

"Mrs. Linsceum...last year in the 3rd grade," I replied.

------

Confession is good for the soul.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YeS!! We were ready to take on a teacher,most of all your Dad....
You were a sad little puppy that night...Some how ?? you always managed to keep your head on your shoulders...Dad was so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Keep it up and you'll have your whole life out in the open before long!!!

Happy Birthday Bro!

Aaron said...

I think that'll be the last dirt for a while. Thanks for the birthday wishes!