Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

It's not my birthday today. (It's February 10th, in case you want to make a note of it.) But a few years ago, my birthday was especially special.

My parents and some of my in-laws were in town for my birthday, and my wife was cooking homemade pasta e fagioli soup (even better than Olive Garden's). It was set to be a nice day.

Then about the time we were going to eat, up to our door walks a crowd of people. All my best friends, my pastor, coworkers, pretty much everyone in Tyler that I cared about. Once the dust had settled, my wife had somehow managed to coordinate tables and chairs being set up in our dining room and living room, and about 35 people sat down and enjoyed my birthday soup with me.

My wife went through an unbelievable amount of trouble just for me. I'll never forget my special surprise birthday party.

It was a good day.

0 comments: