Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Time Is Relative...No Really It Is!

There's something I want you to know about me. I thought I should go ahead and get it out in the open.

Sometimes people look at me funny. Okay...lots of times people look at me funny. But sometimes in particular they look at me funny because of a quirk of mine.

Often I will start an anecdote with, "The other day I..."

Now, when most people say "the other day", they mean a couple of days ago, or maybe a week or two. But for me, there's today, yesterday, and "the other day". Could be 3 days, 3 weeks...even 3 years.

I think the furthest back I've "the other day"ed it is about 6 years. If it was in the past, and it wasn't yesterday, then it was "the other day".

Oh yeah...just FYI, this is my 75th blog since I started blogging the other day.

5 comments:

Wayward Son said...

Remember the other day when we praised God in Eb?

ZeroMan said...

I remember just the other day when you started this blog.

In truth, I do much the same thing. Does that make your quirk less quirky, or does it make me even more quirky?

Either way, the older I get, the more time condenses.

Aaron said...

On the other hand...if you ever want time to slow down, just work in a church nursery on a Sunday morning...

ZeroMan said...

Oooooh, so true.


Tonya worked a Church nursury for a few years. Occasionally I hung back there with her and helped (well...not that I was any help, actually).


Time crawls there. And you can always be certain that the child who gives you fits will also be the one waiting until the church is virtually empty before they are finally picked up.

Aaron said...

Amen! and...amen.