Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Friday, December 12, 2008

I've Been Converted!

Every couple of years, Cheryl and I would get our pictures taken to pass out to family and friends. Then when Nathanael came along it escalated.

I guess the main problem was the places that we would go. Wal-Mart. Target. JC Penny. Any place that had a coupon.

But I detested it!!! Waiting in line for the people in front of you to decide which mediocre picture they wanted. Then sitting under the Kentucky Fried Chicken lamp, slowly dissolving into a pool of sweat. Turn your head. A little more. Now lower your chin. Turn your head a little more. Now smile. Bigger...

Arrgghh!! Get me out of there!!

Then you sort through the pictures, pick one you are only partially happy with, and buy a set with the 3 sizes you really want, and 400 ultra-small ones that you'll never give to anyone.

1) Your root canal is Friday.
2) Your dog died.
3) We have pictures Tuesday.

My three favorite phrases to hear.

Now today...today was different!! We met Melody Purcell at the park. It was chilly, so we went pretty fast, but in less time than it took Susie No-Talent at the Cheap-Mart to take our pictures, Melody snapped a couple DOZEN incredible shots. I even had fun. That's right, I said it, fun!

I am a professional photo shoot convert. I'm never going back. You can't make me. Don't even try. But if you live in the Atlanta area, and you need a photographer, let me know.

2 comments:

none said...

So, what are her prices. Maybe we can convert too. Let me know if she has a website.

Aaron said...

I'll try to get business cards and a price sheet from her tomorrow!