Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Vacation!!


Since we transplanted to Georgia from Texas a year and half ago, most of our vacation time has been spent going to see family and friends in Texas. I don't mind that at all. That's why I drive 11 - 14 hours to go see them. I love them and miss them.

However, that's not a "vacation". Mostly because when we get back we are pretty worn out from the driving. We've done a few Saturday things since we moved here. We've gone to Stone Mountain, to the Mall of Georgia, and done a little sight-seeing. But, it's always been on the weekend.

Next Monday...I've taken Monday off!! The whole day. As my friend Bob would say: Woohoo!!!

The "fam" and I are going to Helen, Georgia!! We are going to take in the sites, raft down the river, eat some type of German sausage, learn more about the origins of the polka, and enjoy some quality family time.

4 comments:

ZeroMan said...

I think anytime you can visit Ground Zero comics - well, that HAS to be considered a vacation.

But...have fun at this other place. Getting away is good (or so I hear).

Aaron said...

Zeroman -

A post!! Your new logon must have worked. And yes, stopping by your new store was one of the highlights of my trip. (Seriously!)

Aaron

ZeroMan said...

I know, I know... It would be nice to post more often. And you know... I get really irritated at people always making excuses ("I just don't have time!" "I've been really busy lately...")

But...well, I've been really busy lately. I've been getting to the store every morning around 4AM to write. Then when I drag my rear home around 7ish... Well, my family's said I'm pretty much sleep and work these days.

We (meaning me, I'm feeling royal at the moment) just need to learn to make time for things and prioritize.

It's on my agenda.

Aaron said...

Zeroman -

Wanting to post is half the battle...

:)

Aaron