Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day and Overeating


Well, you may or may not have read my last post, but suffice it to say that I am trying to eat more healthily. I have to say, though, that to me, the 4th of July = Independence...and independence = hot dogs. That's right, hot dogs. Perro calientes.

My son's birthday is tomorrow, (happy birthday Nathanael), so we had a little party for him today. And, of course, I grilled hot dogs. All beef, because I am allergic to chicken, and lots o' them.

On those hot dogs I put mustard and my wife's homemade jalapeno pickle relish. Yum, yum!! Let's see...today I broke 3 of the 7 rules. Not bad. But, hey, it is a holiday! Calories are free on holidays, right?!?!

Also, as a gentle reminder about fireworks safety, please view the following video from my pals (I don't really know them, just exchanged a couple of emails), Rhett and Link.

Freelance Fireworks Hall of Fame

Have a great 4th weekend!

2 comments:

Heidi W said...

A few years ago we spent the 4th at Myrtle Beach. They aren't kidding about fireworks in SC! Craziness!! :)

Aaron said...

I love Rhett and Link. They are very funny. And, like most things, humor is found in truth pretty regularly.

Aaron