Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

On the Road Again...

It's been a few days since I blogged last. Mostly because I was on the road. I (and my wife and 2 year old) drove from Atlanta, Georgia, to Sweeny, Texas (southwest of Houston) last Friday afternoon (through Saturday morning). It is roughly a 13 hour drive, mostly on Interstate 10. Boorring!!


My family reunion (the Butler-Hoods) was Saturday morning. About 85 of my closest relatives were there. We had a grand old time. Of course, it was a billion degrees, but hey, I'm used to it.

I also got my mom switched over to a gmail account and ordered her DSL. She was still suffering (even though she didn't know any different) with dial-up. Hopefully, she is reading this now!

I hung out with a couple of my best friends from childhood, and spent a lot of time with family. Actually, most of it was them spending time with my 2 year-old! They can't help it. He's extremely cute and fun.

Then, Wednesday, we drove from Sweeny to Tyler, Texas, which is in the heart of east Texas...it took about 5 hours or so. I am actually doing my first "remote blog" from the computer of the friend we are staying with. (Props to Tiff.)

Tomorrow night is the wedding rehearsal of another friend of mine, and then the wedding is Saturday...which I came out of retirement to perform, by the way. First thing Sunday morning, we are heading back to Atlanta. This time the drive will be about 11 hours. Of course, we lose an hour heading into EST, so it will take 12 hours on the clock. Whew!

What a "relaxing" vacation. :)

Overall, it has been great though.

Now you may have noticed that one of the "labels" or "categories" on this post is "blogging". That's because I thought I would end with this: I missed blogging for those few days I was away from the computer. Who would have thunk it.
(Map created using Google Maps - maps.google.com - try it, you'll like it.)

0 comments: