Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

O Power, Where Are Thou?


You know, I find that I love life's little conveniences. You know what I'm talking about, right? Like turning on the light, and the light turning on. Or another example would be your computer monitor having colors and such on it, instead of it just being black.

We had a nice little thunderstorm come through Atlanta today. West of my house, their power stayed on. Just north of us...everything okay! How's the east doing? Still cookin' with power. Southside? Aw, yeah! We're lit up!

My house?

Pitch black.

Apparently a power line went down about 300 yards from my house, only effecting my neighborhood.

"So, Aaron, how are you blogging?" you might ask. "On your trusty laptop at a cool Starbuck's Coffee Shoppe?" (I spelled shoppe like that so I would feel like I was in England) No, I'm blogging from my friend Joshua's laptop sitting in his spare room. My fam is bunking at the Perkin's abode tonight.

In Atlanta, in the summer, no electricity+ thunderstorm = incredible heat and humidity.

For all of you that thought this blog was going to be my much awaited (haha) blog about our vacation...sorry! That's have to wait until tomorrow...when I have POWER!!!

2 comments:

Russ said...

Joshua!!! That is where your wife lived. I was trying to remember that town's name the other day when MY wife was trying to tell me it was named Justin.

Aaron said...

Ahhh...funny how those Recklessly Abandoned minds work, isn't it?