Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Eisley

You know, it's cool when you have an opportunity in life to get to know some people that are really talented and cool. Take Eisley for example. Eisley is a band made up of 3 sisters, 1 brother, and their cousin. And I will have to say I really dig their music.

But one of the coolest things is that I have the privilege of knowing the siblings' parents, as well as the two older sisters and the brother. That being said, it has been a few years since I've seen "the kids", so they may not even hardly remember me, but they attended our church youth group quite a bit (in fact, I distinctly remember giving them rides home), went to youth camp with us a couple of times, and played at our youth service at least once. Boyd (the dad), is a graphic artist and he designed our youth group t-shirt.

Now let me back up and say that Boyd and Kim (the mom) are extremely cool people themselves, and they have raised some really cool artsy people. Notice how many times I am using the word cool? This is one of those times when it is really, really appropriate.

They started out as a band called "The Towheads" back in the day when the youngest in the band was a pre-teen. Since then, they have been signed on a major label, released a handful of EPs and albums, toured with the likes of Coldplay, played on Conan O'Brian, and generally kicked some butt.

However, they have yet to get that "main stream" acceptance. Partly, I believe, it is because their music is unique, doesn't sound just like everything else on the radio, and doesn't consists of "he broke my heart, how I hate him" and "she's a jerk so now it's over".

Below are a some links of interest for Eisley. I recommend you check them out. Spend some money on them, support them. They are really cool (and I know them).

Eisley's MySpace Page

Invasion (Video)

Memories (Video)

Marvelous Things
(an older Video)

Eisley's YouTube Page

Eisley's Official Website

Check them out!! They are also on iTunes!

1 comments:

Wayward Son said...

Already a fan. Great stuff!