Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Blogging



You know, pride really stinks. I ought to know...I have plenty!

I have enjoyed blogging so far, but I keep asking myself, "Self, why would anyone want to read your random blatherings?" Then I respond, "I don't know, why would they?" My pride wants all my hard work (haha) to be read and enjoyed by millions!! (or at least tens)

Then I start thinking about making my blog more topical like Jeff's, who, other than the random digression, is writing about rediscovering his Christianity outside the confines of the traditional church institution. It's very cool.

I, on the other hand, write about diseases I've had, things I find stupid in the news, and superheroes.

So...should I make it more topical? Do I even know enough about an interesting topic to blog on it more than once? Am I even now rambling?


What are some good topics? What could I build my blog around? Some ideas:

  1. Things To Never Do In Public. I think could write on this one for a while. I have plenty of experience in it.
  2. How To NOT Pick Up Women. I've been happily married for almost 15 years, but I remember lots of things that don't work in the area of meeting women.
  3. Gaining Weight...and Keeping It On. This is one I would rock on! Of course, for me personally it's mostly just great genetics.
  4. Other Interesting Blogs. Seems kinda like a cop out.
  5. Comparative Analysis of the Works of William Shakespeare and William Shatner. Could be promising.
  6. Ceiling Fans.
  7. Books I Haven't Read. This could be a tough one. Or a short one. Or both.
  8. Things I Am Allergic To. This would be 1 post.
  9. Quantum Physics and the Wrath of God. No, I'm serious.
  10. Things Bob Said At Work Today. Some days this one would be genius...others, not so much.
Any ideas floating around out there? What do (the both of) you (that read this) think?

5 comments:

Heidi W said...

Hey... I've been reading your blog for days now. I like it just the way it is. :)

Aaron said...

Heidi,

Thanks! I know my post was kind of tongue-in-cheek, but I was only half-way joking! It is nice to know that someone is reading what you are writing, and think it worth the time to do so! To get a positive response like this so quickly is very encouraging!!

Thanks for the kind words! They are much appreciated! How many exclamation points can I use in one comment?!?!!

Unknown said...

Dude, you could do MONTHS of Crazy Friend Steve stories.

Wayward Son said...

Um, leseee...

Favorites on the list (in order of popularity):
9, 1 (could be a contributor), and 10.

Lesser possibilities:
3 (I don't need any help in this area) and 6.

ABSOLUTELY NOT #5.

Seriously, though...for what it's worth, I read everything you write, just as it is. Your blog is yours, and when you write about what interests you, it will be interesting. And you have a great sense of humor in how you say things, which I've always appreciated.

Rule #1--write for yourself. :)

Aaron said...

Mark -

Great call! I may have to dust off some of my old "Crazy Friend Steve" stories and give them a whirl. Thanks for reading, and thanks for the idea.

When you are going to get a "Google Blog" going? You know you are a rocking writer!



Jeff -

Thanks for the encouragement. I will try to follow rule #1.

The one thing about writing that is different for me is the "no instant feedback". There are no chuckles or snickers to let you know that you are heading down the right vein. It's taking some getting used to.

I've asked Cheryl to read a few blogs (she doesn't do blogs, in her words), and if she chuckles, I know I did good.

Thanks again.