Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On My Desktop

My laptop has Windows 7.  One of the cool things that Windows 7 can do, and it can do a lot, is gadgets on the desktop.  These are tiny little applications that can add the weather, a clock, RSS feeds, all kinds of things right on the desktop.


Today I added a countdown clock.  Right now it reads 121 days.  Can you guess what is in 121 days?  No peaking at a calendar!!  Did you guess Thanksgiving?


Wrong!!  Okay...you're actually right, it is Thanksgiving.  But that's not all.  It's also the Gobble Jog!  Wahoo!!


The Gobble Jog is a Tot Trot/1k/5k/10k fundraiser for MUST Ministries.  Must Ministries is a :faith-based organization that, for 38 years, has been dedicated to providing services to feed, clothe, and assist people living in poverty. MUST offers a range of services including emergency shelter, transitional housing, meals, groceries, clothing, job readiness and placement, financial assistance, children's programs, community support groups and access to free healthcare."


I'm doing the 5k.  I'm laying the gauntlet down.  I don't care if I have to crawl the last 100 yards, I will do this race!  Of course, I am hoping to actually run the entire 5 kilometers.  That's 3.1 miles give or take.


Who wants to join me?  If we get 10 or more as a team we get $2 off of registration.  We don't even have to do the same race!


(And my new shoes were great today!  Terran and I ran more than we ever have.  We're getting there!)

0 comments: