Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's Poison!!!!!!!

Today one of my coworkers brought a beautiful cake to work to share with everyone.  It was some kind of three layer white cake with extra fancy icing and shaved white chocolate on top.  It was gorgeous.  Everyone said it tasted great.  I ate a little sliver of white chocolate.


Later in the day, one of my other coworkers (who also has been very encouraging to me in my weight loss, by the way) was getting a piece of cake and asked me how my "willpower was doing" with that cake sitting about twenty feet away from me.


I told her, "No problem.  I'm not really tempted at all.  It's got too much sugar.  That's like asking me if I'm tempted to drink poison,  Sugar is my enemy."


"Really?" she asked.


"It's dead to me," I replied.


I know that may sound a little drastic, and I was joking (mostly), but I really wasn't tempted.  It didn't pass my three rule test.  It has been very interesting to find my entire relationship with food has changed.

0 comments: