Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Make a Choice

This evening, I went to dinner at the Marietta Diner.  It's a pretty popular place, and they are well known for their ginormous desserts.  In general their portion sizes are HUGE!


You may have noticed that the title of this blog is "Make a Choice".  Tonight, that's what I did.


In the past, I've been a constant victim of the "I'll start fresh on Monday" or "I'll start after the holidays" syndrome.  No more.  I wanted so bad at dinner to just eat the way I always have and "start over" tomorrow.  But there's a cost every time you do that.  It pushes your goals back.


So tonight, I made a choice to eat a half of piece of bread with a little butter, instead of 4 pieces of bread with a layer of butter.  I ate two small pieces of their spinach pie instead of a half dozen.  I had water to drink instead of sweet tea.  Cheryl and I split a dish of Broiled Stuffed Filet of Flounder...and we still brought home enough for my lunch tomorrow.


I can't really tell you what the difference is in calories between this meal and the meal I would have eaten in the past.  I'm guessing that this meal was 1/4 of the calories.  It felt good to box up half of my plate and leave not feeling more stuffed than the flounder.


Tonight my choice was moderation.  Each choice is a separate choice, and each GOOD choice, is one step closer to my goal.


-----


If you're reading this and you could stand to shed a few pounds, I want to encourage you to not wait.  Right now, pick one thing that you are going to do differently tomorrow.  One positive choice you are going to make.


Let me know about it.

0 comments: