Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Think I Teared Up

In case you haven't been keeping up, I've commandeered the empty sub-division next door as my personal walking track.  The other night I took it our for a one lap test spin.  Today I hit it a little harder.

I did three full laps (in addition to walking to and from), which equated to about 40 minutes of hard walking.  If you were to look at the map, you would see that the track is a modified figure 8.  The "straightaway" in the middle is about 100 yards long.  Here comes the exciting part.

As I was starting the second half of my second lap, and I came up to the straightaway...I started running.  Almost without making the decision.  I don't know whether I just wasn't working hard enough walking or what, but I took off in a brisk trot.  That's right...a BRISK trot.

(Please realize, the only "running" I've done in the past eight years has been to McDonald's.  I wasn't even really sure if I could run without hurting myself.  We'll find out in the morning about that.)

Now, the strangest part.  I ran the straightaway, and when I slowed back to a walk, I felt great!  I had a rush of adrenaline, my heart rate was up, and I felt great!  I actually got chill bumps and I think I might have teared up a little.  Why did I tear up?  Do you know how long it has been since I have equated working out with feeling GOOD?

So, my challenge to you today is get out, get active, and make your body feel good!

0 comments: