Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Another-nother Update

Those of you that have been with me a while, may remember that my sister had been diagnosed with lung cancer and was undergoing treatment. If you need to catch up, click here and you can see all the previous posts. That being said, here is the most recent update:

Today Neal & I went to see Dr. Pant (my oncologist) for my first “after Keemo” visit. I’m doing great! My hair is growing back. The style which I refer to as a "No Maintenance Bob" is just FULL of "silver highlights". She said…”Go on with your normal life. Follow the 2-week rule…if something "normal" like a cold doesn’t go away after 2 weeks….come see me! You will have "stuff" like a normal person and it doesn’t necessarily mean the cancer is back. Just get over it and live."

Easy for her to say! I had a cold/allergies a couple weeks ago and the cough kinda freaked me out. I had a bit of anxiety about going today which I think is normal...so I had a long walk before my appointment this morning and a talk with God. He heard me and comforted me. I suppose I will get used to going to have a check-up every two months. I am blessed. Prayers are answered…we only have to ask. I feel stronger everyday as the Keemo drugs leave my body.
How's that for awesome! Wahoo! Check out those silver highlights!

0 comments: