Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Taking the Month Off

So I'm taking the month of August off from the Hut. I've been a little under the weather this past week, and I think part of it is just from being tired.

Job #1 has been really busy for the past several months, and when you throw the second job on top of it, sometimes it's just hard to catch your breath. This weekend is my first full weekend off, and I am already loving it.

Had a great time last night! I did some puzzles in a brain teaser book and watched Jeopardy at the same time. Wild night.

Today, we cut my hair. Actually, I should say, shaved my hair. I haven't had it cut in years.

This afternoon, our church is doing a "Back to School Bash" in the parking lot for our community. We're giving away food, going to have some live music, fun stuff for the kids, etc. But the main thing thrust is that we are giving away a bunch of backpacks filled with the necessary school supplies. (That's actually my job, the handing out of the backpacks.)

It's going to be a lot of fun. It's from 4-8 tonight, so hopefully we'll miss most of the heat.

That's it. That's all I have to say. No clever quips or witty anecdotes. Just a little about my life right now.

2 comments:

Wayward Son said...

I don't blame you at all for cutting the second job for a bit. Two jobs can get pretty crazy.

Right after The Director was born, for a brief stint, I was waiting tables from 3-10pm at Red Lobster, then 11pm to 7am at Denny's. Slept till 2pm and went at it again. Lasted 2 weeks. :)

Maybe after you've rested, you'll be able to come up with some of those quips and anecdotes we so enjoy.

Aaron said...

Yep...I'm already feeling more anecdotal and quippish.