Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

To My Mom

If you've read my blog before, you've probably seen some posts about my dad and the influence he has had in my life. But, of course, Dad was only half the equation while I was growing up.

I've mentioned my mom in a few posts, but without further ado, here's some additional thoughts and comments about my mom.

  • The last time I was home for Thanksgiving there were 40 people at my Mom's house for lunch. I'm only related to 12 of them.
  • My Mom once dressed up as a werewolf for my childhood Halloween party.
  • My Mom and her friend spent hours creating handmade outfits for my sister's Barbie dolls. My sister found the box before Christmas.
  • Mom made me a Ultraman costume out of paper-mache when I was a kid.
  • She kept me out of school one day just to take me fishing.
  • Likes to listen to Willie Nelson, Freddie Fender, and Metallica.
  • Still likes to hear me play Greensleeves on the trumpet.
  • Has her concealed handgun permit.
  • She's an award winning cook.
  • She has a HUGE Santa Claus collection that takes over the house every year at Christmas.
  • She loves her family (and friends that she treats like family).
  • Everyone is welcome in her house. My mother has never met a stranger, and really taught me how to love people.
I could go on and on, but for now I'm just going to say Happy Mother's Day Mom!!

3 comments:

Ann said...

"Thank You" My number one role in life ,is to Love and care for my three children(now includes,four
wonderful grandchildren) second was to Love and care for my Husband,which was my joy and honor...I have had a wonderful Mothers and I love you! :o)

steve e said...

you might think that werewolf costume was funny. Take it from a former 5 year old, shaking under a pool table wondering if dino carosco's necklace is real silver is about a fun as it sounds! Additionally, taking off the werewolf mask does not help if you've seen ANY werewolf movie, the moon is just covered by a cloud get back under here you fools! Happy mother's day Ann and thanks for putting up with all OUR hijinks.

Aaron said...

If we hadn't noticed her shoes, she'd probably still be wearing that werewolf mask.