Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

As You Wish

We interrupt our typically humorous blogcast for this important, somewhat serious, totally heartfelt, private service announcement...

---

You may have seen from a previous post that my wife (and son) were going to Texas for a couple of weeks. They've only been gone for 3 1/2 days, but tonight it got me thinking.

We've been married 15 years, and known each other for almost 18. I've known her longer than I can remember not knowing her, if that makes sense.

And you know, it's true what they say, that you don't always have those initial butterflies, that excitement you have as you begin a new relationship. But it's NOT true that you NEVER have them. I'm already anticipating next weekend when she returns. I admit that when I think about her coming home, I get a few Monarchs in my belly. I can't hardly wait!

How cool is that? After 18 years I'm still in love with a wonderful woman...absolutely, totally smitten!

---

We now return you to our regularly scheduled series of witty anecdotal blogs...

3 comments:

Misfit in Paradise said...

The Bassman and I have been together for 29 years. And I still get excited about seeing him!

Ann said...

That is what "TRUE"love is all about...Your soul mate!After 41 years,see the person walk across the yard,and your heart flutters..that is something rare and really special..I know,I've been there..

Aaron said...

I'm looking forward to the 29 year and 41 year marks, and beyond!