Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

An Update...


A few days ago, I posted about my sis and her recent diagnosis with cancer. She sent out an "update email" yesterday, I got her permission to post it here. That's her in the Marines shirt, by the way, posing with her co-workers on Do-rag Day.


Hello everyone,

I just got in from my Yoga class and wanted to take a minute to share my day. I had a CT scan last Friday and today I went to see Dr. Pant my oncologist. She said my tumor is responding to the Keemo (that's how I spell it now for fun) and we will continue the current treatment schedule. I have had two keemo sessions and have made it through without any sickness at all. I do get a little fatigued for a day or two after, but by the weekend I'm back to normal. I have four more to go...should be done just in time to start the New Year!

I have lost most of my hair and now sport some quite fashionable do-rag's. My co-workers have joined in for support...although I think some days it's just to hide a "Bad Hair Day"! :) In order to tell my friends & family how I'm doing each day, My friend Susan at work and I developed a number system...10= the day my cancer is in remission 1=I don't plan on using this number. Most days I'm a 9 and some days a 9+...although I had a cold last week and went all the way down to 8. I guess what I'm saying is I feel great and work everyday to make wellness a way of life. My energy level is off the chart most of the time, my appetite is good ( if fact I've gained a few pounds these past weeks) and I feel great. Pretty cool, huh?

Trout seems to be one of the things I truly enjoy for dinner these days. So with much protest (NOT) Neal is out catching dinner for tomorrow night. He's doing a great job taking care of me and keeping me in line. He and Susan tag team through the day with Mom remaining the Big Boss if I get too big for my britches! :)

So, with all that being said....Thank you all for your love, support, cards and calls. But especially all the prayers. They are being answered on a daily basis. Take care of yourselves & each other. I'll keep you posted on the progress!

Love to all,
Teresa
Well, there you have it. Pretty great news so far! Thanks for all your prayers.

1 comments:

Darlene said...

That is great news Aaron. Keep us updated and we will keep on praying.