Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Must Confess...

My daily commute involves an elevator ride. In our elevator, we have a nice little 9" screen in the top left-hand corner by the door with a news feed running on it. Sports, current events, stock market stuff, etc. Sometimes it will just throw a quote up from a current new story. Yesterday, I saw this one:

It has been discovered in a small sample study that some toddler and preschool children have unusually high levels of chemical fire retardant in their blood. These elevated levels of the chemicals average three times higher than levels found in the blood of their mothers.
I must confess...when I first read it, I thought to myself, "Well, that's good. That means the children are 3 times LESS likely to combust than their mothers."

I really did.

Of course, even though I have this post categorized as "humor", it actually appears to be a serious problem. If you want to read about it, here's an article.

0 comments: