Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Monday, October 25, 2010

It's a Matter of Perspective

Last week I had my two best workouts ever.  Tonight was initially disappointing.

As I was finishing up, (and calling myself a wimp), I realized it had actually rained today for the first time in a while, which raised the humidity a bit.  I also realized I hadn't had anything to drink since Bob bought me a Coke Zero at 3:00 o'clock. Those two factors are a recipe for a very wimpy workout.

Then I realized something else.  Before last week, the workout I had done tonight, my wimpy workout, was my "normal" workout.  And three months ago, my wimpy workout was not even within the realm of possibility.  Interesting.

In the matter of one week, my perspective had changed.  I'm demanding more from myself, and I think that's a good thing.

On the flip side, we have to be careful, because our perspective can quickly slide the other way, too.  There was a time, when, from my perspective, eating double-meat cheeseburgers, giant orders of fries, and a couple of glasses of Dr. pepper a two or three times a week was normal.

Any perspectives in your life that might need adjusting?

0 comments: