Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sponsors Welcome!

Hello everyone!  In case you haven't heard, I'm organizing a 5K race on April 16th at 9:00 AM. At the bottom of this post is the description I lifted right out of the Facebook event I created for it.

Along with a growing list of volunteers, the race currently has two sponsors.  Melodie from Angel Wings Photography will be doing the race photography, and all the graphic design work is being done by Stephanie Bradac of Mostaza Seed.

As you can see from the event description below, there's no official registration fee.  Instead, all money donated will go to the American Cancer Society. We are making and selling t-shirts, on which we will make our only (tiny) profit. We're running a tight ship, and have a very small budget, but there will be some expenses.

So...I was hoping there might be a business (or individual) out there that might want to help sponsor the race. This sponsorship would help defray the general expenses of the event. We'd even put your business name and/or logo on the t-shirt!

Email me if you are interested!

Thanks!

-----

From the Facebook event:

Those that know me know that I have been on a journey these past several months to get into shape. Many, many people have encouraged me along the way, and lots of those encouragers like to run. So, I had a crazy idea to get some of those people together and run my normal 5K route.

One crazy idea led to another, and I decided to host a full-blown race. My original thought was to just do it for fun, no fees, no time, etc. But then I started thinking...why not give people a chance to donate some money as a registration fee, and then give all the money to the American Cancer Society? For me personally, I would be donating in memory of my sister Teresa, who lost her battle with lung cancer in December of 2009.

There's NO REGISTRATION FEE, but all donations (suggested $25) will be given to the American Cancer Society.

We are planning on making t-shirts available for an additional charge. We've got a great deal on them! T-shirts are only going to be...wait for it...$10!!!

We are currently exploring ways for you to pay with a debit card...but cash and check are already accepted!! You can make checks out to the American Cancer Society.

Also - if you don't want to run, or even walk, you can still help! We need some volunteers to "work the race". Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 comments: