Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The WWW - What An Incredible Time Saver!

(With a title like that, everyone will be reading this blog!!)

My wife and I were just discussing today about how convenient the wealth of information on the World Wide Web is in everyday life. No more phone books or encyclopedias! The world is at our fingertips.

Here's some examples of what I mean:

  1. Look up the price of dimensional lumber at Home Depot - 4 minutes (Decided to check my email since I was already on the computer - 48 minutes (cats in clothes are so cute))

  2. Needed a phone number for the IRS - 2 minutes (Checked my Facebook page to see if I had any new friends - 72 minutes)

  3. Paid a bill online - 5 minutes (Clicked on ad on bank page...apparently, even though I am in a debt management plan right now, I can get a home loan for 100% with no money down - 17 minutes)

  4. Checked my work calendar to make sure I don't have to be anywhere first thing in the morning - 1 minute (Hopped onto YouTube real quick - someone had told me about a really funny video involving yogurt, ostriches, and an oil filter wrench - 97 minutes)

  5. Did a Google search wanting to read up on Michael Phelp's latest victories - 10 minutes (Instead, ended up reading about the history of the Olympics and the greatest medal Olympic champions of all times - 51 minutes)

See what I mean! A great timesaver!

4 comments:

Wayward Son said...

I totally concur. My family and I save so much time on the Internet we don't have time to waste on anything else.

All I can say is...WWWow! :)

Aaron said...

Haha!

I was trying to think of a cool acronym:

Whatta Waste o' ????? and I couldn't think of a synonym for time that started with a W.

Wayward Son said...

Hm.

Whatta Waste o' Wattage? (for the Greenies...a veiled reference to the gi-normous carbon footprint).

World Wasting aWay.

Women Wrestling Waistlines. Nope. (Sorry, don't know where THAT came from.)

Or maybe it's not an acronym. Maybe it's a pronunciation.
"WWW." (Can be an alternate spelling of either "Oooooooh" or "Eeeww.")

(Total time wasted thinking this stuff up: 15 minutes.)

Guess there's another reason it's called the World Wide Web--and it's not that we're all connected. We're all flies--STUCK in the World Wide Web. And the spider is the Antichrist. Come quickly, Jesus.

Aaron said...

All very good efforts. I like the idea that, like a spider's web, you become "stuck" in it...that says it all.