Hey you!! Why not be a subscriber? Just click here.

Friday, March 11, 2011

I Love To Wash Dishes

I love to wash dishes.


Okay...that may be an exaggeration.  Maybe not an exaggeration, but at least a misstatement.


For a time, Cheryl and I hosted a "young married couples home group" for our church.  During one of our times together, we were talking about the idea of serving each other, working together, etc.  All the things you normally talk about in "young married couples home group".


One of the young husbands (as opposed to me...I was the old husband in the group) was saying that he didn't like to do dishes.  I said that I LOVED to do dishes.  That confused him...so I explained.


What I meant by this was that when my wife asks me to do the dishes, I love to do them.  I don't really love to do dishes, per se, but what I do love to do is bless my wife. 


I promise I'm not trying to sound like I'm Superhusband. Not in the least.  My love for doing dishes is at least 50% selfish. 


You've probably heard the expression that "if momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy".  It's true.  If washing a few dishes makes "momma" happy...them I'm happy to do it.  So when I say I love to do dishes, I obviously have something of an ulterior motive.


(Here comes the clever application of the previous life lesson to getting healthy...)


I'm not a "runner" like some people.  I don't run for the pure pleasure of running.  I run because it's good for me.  I run because it's good for my family for me to be healthy.  


I LOVE to run...just like I LOVE to do dishes. 

0 comments: